Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE appThursday, October 23rd, 2014
Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad app for their TVE service, Canal Digital Go
Canal Digital customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland can now see their favorite TV show and movies on their iPad with the recently launched Canal Digital GO iPad app, designed, developed and powered by Xstream. The app was quickly #1 in App Store Norway and #2 in App Store Sweden.
The app is available for all Canal Digital customers, over 900 000 customers in the Nordics, regardless of which decoder they have at home. The Canal Digital GO iPad app gives customers a great content experience with a smooth and simple user experience. It provides Canal Digital’s customers with an extensive library of premium TV series and movies in addition to live TV and catch up. Furthermore the app comes with extra features such as sorting and recommendation based on viewing history, making the TV viewing experience a more personalized and lean back experience whenever and wherever they tune in.
“The Canal Digital GO iPad app is a corner stone of our entertainment universe and the launch of the iPad app is only the beginning as we’re continually working on making our product offering stronger and available on more devices” said Tone Krohn Clausen, Chief Product & Market Officer at Canal Digital.
“We’re thrilled to work with Canal Digital on yet another exciting project as they expand their Online TV offerings” said Frank Thorup, CEO at Xstream A/S. “We look forward to growing our partnership with Canal Digital as they continue to innovate around their Online TV service. With the launch of the iPad app, Canal Digital has taken an important step towards meeting the consumer demands to be able to access their favorite content.”
Powered by Xstream MediaMaker™
Xstream have enabled the entire Canal Digital GO service from ingest to play-out including both the backend, with Xstream MediaMaker™, enabling Canal Digital to create, manage, monetize and deliver their Online TV service, Canal Digital Go and the design and development of the front- end app such as the brand new iPad app. Xstream MediaMaker ensures a smooth and seamless management, delivery and experience across devices.
Some key features in the Canal Digital GO iPad app powered by Xstream MediaMaker™ includes
- Authentication support, enabling Canal Digital to deliver long-form premium movie and tv series content in addition to Live TV and catch up with start over feature to their customers, in one app.
- Xstream has integrated the platform with Canal Digitals in-house customer billing system and database
- Encrypted with Microsoft PlayReady DRM
- EPG, powered by Meetv.no
- The domain module enables Canal Digital to leverage the power of metadata, such as subtitles, currencies and short and long descriptions of movies or tv series etc.
- Ingest module: enables Canal Digital to automate all major tasks related to ingest process, in terms of processing and managing large video files and related assets. Consequently, it offers the most cost-efficient way to connect with multiple content providers and broadcast systems, while ensuring metadata and video input comply with their particular standards.