STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 resultsWednesday, October 29th, 2014
GENEVA — STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, reported financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 27, 2014.
ST’s third quarter net revenues increased 1.2% on a sequential basis to $1.89 billion.
On a sequential basis, net revenues by region of shipment increased 7.4% and 2.8% in the Americas and Greater China & South Asia, respectively. EMEA and Japan & Korea decreased by 0.9% and 6.2%, respectively.
On a year-over-year basis, net revenues decreased 6.3% mainly due to the phase-out of legacy ST-Ericsson products.
Digital Business Organization and Strategy
Effective in the fourth quarter of 2014, the existing Digital Convergence Group (DCG) and Imaging, Bi-CMOS and Silicon Photonics Group (IBP) will be combined under one single organization, called Digital Product Group (DPG). DPG will focus on ASSPs addressing home gateway and set-top box, as well as FD-SOI ASICs for consumer applications; FD-SOI and mixed process ASICs, including silicon photonics, addressing communication infrastructure; and differentiated imaging products.
Q3 2014 – Product and Technology Highlights – Digital Convergence (DCG)
- Disclosed and showed new 4Kp60 product line-up based on popular Cannes/Monaco product family at IBC.
- Announced design-wins for India market from multiple system operators Fastway and GTPL.
- Demoed real-time hardware prototype of DOCSIS 3.1 modem with a major US OEM during the Cable-Tec Expo and MoCA 2.0 channel bonded chipset at IBC.
- Revealed production-ready platform, using ST’s System-on-Chip, ideally suited for the analog switch off in Brazil and its adoption by a major customer.
- Announced collaboration with NAGRA/SmarDTV offering a range of “Quickstart” modular solutions based on ST chipsets.