TiVo announces 4K TiVo BOLT+ at CEDIA 2016Monday, September 12th, 2016
- Latest Addition to the TiVo BOLT® Family Creates the Ultimate Multi-Room Video Experience with Six Tuners, 3TB of Recording Capacity, and New Black Chassis
DALLAS — CEDIA EXPO — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO), the global leader in entertainment technology and audience insights, today announced an exciting addition to the TiVo BOLT® family, the TiVo BOLT+, being showcased at CEDIA 2016 in Dallas this week. The TiVo BOLT+ includes six tuners, 3TB of recording capacity, and a new black chassis, creating the ultimate multi-room video experience for customers looking for a best-in-class, all-in-one entertainment device. The TiVo BOLT+ will be demonstrated at Booth #3014 in the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center during CEDIA 2016.
“With the TiVo BOLT+, our goal is to deliver the best DVR ever sold to consumers and continue to deliver a product with features that provide great value for our resell partners. The 4K TiVo BOLT+ is the all-in-one video system people have been waiting for,” said Ira Bahr, general manager of TiVo retail products. “The ultimate multi-room video set up, TiVo BOLT+ eliminates some of the install hassle resellers run into including expensive matrix switchers, while providing the unified entertainment features that users have come to expect and are excited about.”
TiVo BOLT+ is the unified entertainment system that satisfies even the most voracious entertainment appetite, with more tuners, greater recording capacity, 4K capabilities, TiVo’s SkipMode™ feature allowing the user to skip whole commercial breaks in recorded shows with one button press,(1) QuickMode™ functionality enabling the user to watch recorded shows 30 percent faster, and a new, sleek black chassis. It’s a streamer plus cable box, DVR, and PLEX client all in one, while also eliminating the need for a traditional video matrix switcher. The TiVo BOLT+ unifies all TV channels and streaming content(2) into one simplified and searchable system – the perfect box for the modern multi-room video setup.
TiVo BOLT+ includes the following features from its predecessor, the TiVo BOLT:
- 4K: Connect TiVo BOLT+ to a 4K TV and stream content in ultra-high-definition resolution with spectacular, eye-popping color and detail.
- SkipMode: Skip commercial breaks of recorded shows with the press of a single button.
- QuickMode: Watch recordings 30 percent faster with pitch-corrected audio.
- OnePass™: Consolidate all episodes of favorite shows via cable, and internet video services such as Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Instant Video,(2) creating a universal watch list across all providers.
- OneSearch™: Search across local channels and internet video services to find which shows are available and where they can be viewed.
- Remote Access: Watch live TV and recorded shows from a tablet or smartphone anywhere in the home, as well as download or stream shows to watch out of the home and on the go.(3)
The TiVo BOLT+ is priced at $499.99.(4) The TiVo BOLT+ will be available on September 15, 2016, online at www.tivo.com, Amazon, Magnolia retail stores and custom install dealers nationally.
Visit TiVo at CEDIA 2016 to get a demo of the TiVo BOLT+. CEDIA 2016 runs from September 13-17 in Dallas, TX. The TiVo Booth (#3014) is located in the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
1. SkipMode feature is not available for all recorded shows.
2. Broadband internet connection is required to access and receive streaming content. Availability of third-party content from streaming sources is subject to change, and certain third-party fees may apply.
3. Compatible tablets and mobile devices consist solely of an iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® device running iOS 7.0 or later, or an Android™ mobile device running 4.1 or above with a non-Intel or AMD chipset (sold separately). Not all recorded content can be streamed or downloaded to a tablet or mobile device (due to copy protection assigned by content provider and/or other technical limitations). Some recorded content can only be streamed/downloaded to your tablet or mobile device while you are on the same network as your TiVo BOLT+. Out-of-home streaming (a) will support streaming to only one of your devices at a time and (b) may not be available for all recorded content.
4. Plus any applicable taxes. In addition, a TiVo service plan is required and priced separately.