DVR / PVR (Digital Video Recorder/Personal Video Recorder) News
DISH to build Google Assistant into Hopper DVR
Jan 8, 2019 – DISH has announced that it's building the Google Assistant into its Hopper family of receivers. Customers will be able to use the DISH voice remote to ask the Assistant to control smart home devices, provide weather and news updates, display photos and more.
News categories: DISH Network, Niraj Desai, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
Nuvyyo launches 4-tuner DVR for cord cutters
Jan 7, 2019 – Nuvyyo has announced its next generation 4-Tuner DVR, the Tablo QUAD, along with a new feature that automatically skips commercials within recordings. Tablo QUAD lets consumers discover, record, and stream up to four live antenna TV channels simultaneously.
News categories: Nuvyyo, Grant Hall, CES2019, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
TiVo introduces TiVo BOLT OTA 4K hybrid DTT DVR
Sep 27, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has introduced TiVo BOLT OTA for antenna, a 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) capable set-top box designed to work with an HD antenna, and equipped with an on-screen user experience that looks and feels like a high-end cable box.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Ted Malone, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Terrestrial, USA
AirTV adds dual-tuner capability to its hybrid DTT PVR
Sep 26, 2018 – AirTV has introduced its first dual-tuner capability to AirTV Player. With the new dual-tuner adapter, AirTV Player users can watch one OTA channel while recording another, or record two OTA channels simultaneously through AirTV Player's Local Channels DVR.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Terrestrial, USA
Amazon introduces 'Fire TV Recast' DTT gateway
Sep 20, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced Fire TV Recast, a companion DVR that lets consumers watch, record, and replay free over-the-air TV programming on Fire TV, Echo Show, and on compatible Fire tablet, iOS, and Android devices.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Patrick Moorhead, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Terrestrial, USA
TiVo unveils VOX lineup providing a voice-powered TiVo experience
Oct 24, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has introduced additions to the TiVo consumer product family – the TiVo BOLT VOX and TiVo Mini VOX. The device lineup includes TiVo’s first voice control remote – the TiVo VOX Remote, with which viewers can use their voice to search for programs.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Ted Malone, Digital TV, DVR, USA, UX
HUMAX unveils FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder
Sep 27, 2017 – HUMAX has introduced its easiest-to-use Freeview Play Recorder yet with the launch of the FVP-5000T. Simple to install and set up, this new HD TV recorder includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity, delivering an extensive range of catch up and on demand content services.
News categories: HUMAX, Graham North, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
US households with Netflix outnumber those with a DVR
Mar 6, 2017 – According to Leichtman Research (LRG) 82% of US TV households have a DVR, get Netflix, or use on-Demand (VOD) from a cable or Telco provider -- with 30% of households using two of the services, and 14% using all three.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, OTT, USA
Rogers introduces NextBox 4K PVR
Dec 7, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced that is introducing itsw NextBox 4K PVR, giving customers the ability to record up to eight 4K programs at one time and store up to 90 hours of 4K entertainment.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Sportsnet, Dirk Woessner, Scott Moore, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8