Kantar Media adds programmatic ad data to its media intelligenceThursday, July 13th, 2017
Kantar Media Expands Ad Intelligence Capabilities with Programmatic Ad Insights
- New capability will further solidify Kantar Media’s position as the most comprehensive provider of advertising intelligence information
NEW YORK, NY — Kantar Media, the global leader in media intelligence, today announced the expansion of its cross-platform ad intelligence capabilities with the availability of programmatic advertising data. This initiative is part of Kantar Media’s continued innovations in digital ad monitoring and will be offered firstly in the US with a move to roll out to additional key markets.
The expanded data will provide more detailed insight into digital ad buying channels, including mediator and deployment chain information for ad impressions and spend for digital ads purchased on a programmatic basis. The data, covering millions of publisher pages, includes digital ads monitored on display, mobile and online video platforms.
With these enhancements, clients can now view programmatic data alongside Kantar Media’s best-in-class currency media coverage, enabling a 360-degree view of brand activities. The incorporation of programmatic digital ad occurrences has also led to significant growth in digital ad activity captured, with double-digit increases seen in both ad occurrences and creatives.
“To reach today’s consumers, media buyers and sellers must plan, execute and measure campaigns on a cross-platform basis. It’s therefore imperative for them to have access to competitive ad intelligence that is holistic in its coverage and integrated in its analysis,” says Manish Bhatia, North American CEO, Kantar Media. “The availability of programmatic data within our tools is not only a recognition of that need, but an indication of our commitment to advance our digital capabilities and our position as the only provider to offer a comprehensive approach.”
The newly available data-sets will expand Kantar Media’s current digital monitoring capabilities, which include:
- Mobile web and app: Coverage of thousands of sites and apps, across both iOS and Android tablets and phones
- Online video including cross media video: Coverage of pre-, post- and mid-roll online video ads across thousands of sites, along with metrics regarding creative re-purposed between TV and online/streaming video
- Paid search: World’s largest database of Search Marketing data, including coverage of over 2 million advertisers and 14 search engines;
- Display advertising: Coverage of static, dynamic/rich media and HTML5 ads across thousands of sites, with historical impression and spend data available for over a decade
- Digital promotions: Tracking of digital coupons and apps, capturing thousands of unique new offers every week
- Geotargeted and local ads: Broad coverage of local and targeted advertising, including monitoring of thousands of local web properties and capture of geotargeted ads in scores of locations across the US
- Social owned media: Monitoring of more than 20,000 brands on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in partnership with Unmetric with metrics including Likes, Tweets, Posts, Views and Engagement scores; AI-powered reporting and outlier identification, and estimates of impressions and identification of promoted posts for Facebook
- Broadcast syncing and verification: Content watermarking technology which can be used to verify airplay or trigger second-screen ad or program engagement.
The expansion provides industry-leading cross-platform capabilities for Kantar Media clients, who can combine this enhanced digital monitoring data with Kantar Media’s trusted expertise in ad expenditure, occurrence and creative tracking across Television, Radio, Magazine, Newspaper and Out-of-home.
This latest enhancement closely follows other capabilities Kantar Media has recently launched to help clients better plan, buy and measure digital media. These initiatives include the expansion of our mobile search ad tracking capabilities and the US launch of Kantar Media MARS Consumer Health and TGI consumer lifestyle audience segments for programmatic targeting. Kantar Media is the leader in currency-level consumer targeting in Europe, with audience segments available in UK, France and Germany. Through Kantar Media, buyers and sellers can understand the full scope of advertising activities at the individual advertiser, brand and product level, and make informed decisions.
Links: Kantar Media