Digital TV News: Xbox
Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
Dec 9, 2013 – Stream TV Networks has announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership with Beijing BOE Vision Electron Technology to introduce the next generation of their 55 inch 4K Ultra-D 2160p 3D No Glasses Display solution.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, Beijing BOE, 3D, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 – Members of LOVEFiLM can now access thousands of films and TV shows from the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming catalogue on Xbox One, Microsoft's new generation all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Simon Morris, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
Rovi to power TV data on Xbox One
Nov 14, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced Rovi Video, a leading database for global TV, movie and celebrity metadata, will supply data for the TV electronic program guide experience, OneGuide, on Microsoft's Xbox One.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Xbox, Bob Shallow, Martin Sacchi, Digital TV, Games Console, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Massive boom forecast for connected TV
Oct 9, 2013 – The number of TV sets connected to the Internet will reach 759 million by 2018 for the 40 countries covered in the Connected TV Forecasts report, up from 115 million at end-2010 and the 307 million expected at end-2013.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Target introduces Target Ticket digital video service
Sep 25, 2013 – Target (NYSE: TGT) has announced that Target Ticket, its new digital video service, is available to customers nationwide. The service gives users an easy way to access and enjoy their favorite titles on their preferred digital channels and devices anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Target Ticket, Anne Stanchfield, Digital TV, OTT, USA
PlayOn adds support for Chromecast
Sep 19, 2013 – PlayOn has announced that it will be adding Chromecast to its list of supported streaming devices and has unveiled PlayCast, a PlayOn feature that offers Chromecast-like browser video projection for Roku, Xbox 360 and Chromecast users.
News categories: PlayOn, Jeff Lawrence, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Amidst strong competition Smart Set-top Boxes and Dongles continue to grow
Aug 26, 2013 – The smart set-top box and dongle market is expected to pass 18 million units in 2013--higher than originally forecasted due to the arrival of Google's Chromecast device. Overall the market is expected to grow with a 10.8% CAGR (2013 to 2018), says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Time Warner Cable video subscribers down 191 thousand in 2Q 2013
Aug 7, 2013 – Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) has reported financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2013. Residential video revenue decreased driven by declines in video subscribers and transactional video-on-demand revenue.
News categories: Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV