Digital TV News: Accedo
Accedo Powers Orange Live Box Play
Jan 9, 2013 – Accedo has announced that the Orange Live Box Play set-top-box from Orange (Paris:FTE; NYSE:FTE) will use Accedo's application management solution which provides a front-end user interface including multiple applications as well as a secure back-end system.
News categories: Accedo, Orange, Apps, CES, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Accedo and Viaplay launch media service for Xbox in Nordic region
Dec 20, 2012 – Accedo and Viaplay, the Nordic online streaming service, have announced the launch of Viaplay on Xbox in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The new media app gives access to Viaplay's content offering through the games console.
News categories: Accedo, Viaplay, Xbox, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Games Console, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Accedo and maxdome Partner to Deliver VOD App for PlayStation® 3
Nov 22, 2012 – Accedo and Germany's maxdome have announced the launch of a Playstation® 3 VOD app. The PS3 app gives users access to a vast catalogue of maxdome video titles, including films, series, comedy shows, documentaries, music, children's programmes, and many more.
News categories: Accedo, maxdome, Apps, Games Console, Germany, OTT
Accedo powers Deutsche Telekom TV apps on Entertain
Sep 17, 2012 – Accedo has announced that its Accedo Application Sphere® solution has been chosen by Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt:DTE; NYSE:DT) to power the recently launched TV Apps on Entertain in Germany.
News categories: Accedo, Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Accedo and NDS Partner To Deliver End-to-End Solution for STB Apps
Sep 7, 2012 – Accedo and NDS (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced a partnership to enable set-top-box apps and widgets. The combined solution will enable pay-TV operators to launch their own app store, manage application lifecycle, contextualise content, and monetize apps.
News categories: Accedo, NDS Group, Apps, IBC, Middleware, Set Top Box
TiVo partners with Accedo for TV applications
Sep 6, 2012 – Accedo has announced a partnership with TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) for the launch of multiple applications for the TiVo platform. Accedo will launch multiple applications on TiVo, starting with funspot® games, initially in the US.
News categories: Accedo, TiVo Inc, Apps, IBC, Set Top Box, USA
Accedo help launch FOXTEL on Samsung Smart TVs in Australia
Jul 9, 2012 – Accedo has announced that it has helped FOXTEL launch their first connected TV application in Australia, by designing and developing the FOXTEL on Internet TV application for Samsung's Smart TV platform.
News categories: Accedo, FOXTEL, Samsung, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Viaplay selects Irdeto to secure OTT on iPhone and iPad
Jul 3, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Viaplay, the OTT company of MTG (Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB), is using Irdeto ActiveCloak for Media to allow it to expand the range of devices from which consumers can view premium content, starting with the iPhone and iPad.
News categories: Irdeto, Viaplay, Content Protection, Denmark, DRM, Finland, Norway, OTT, Russia, Smartphone, Sweden, Tablet
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA