Digital TV News: Accedo
thePlatform launches Cloud-based Virtual TV Framework for service providers
Sep 26, 2013 – thePlatform has introduced a new Virtual TV Framework to enable cable, satellite and IPTV service providers to replicate their 24 hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
News categories: thePlatform, Ian Blaine, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Accedo Powers Orange Live Box Play
Jan 9, 2013 – Accedo has announced that the Orange Live Box Play set-top-box from Orange (Paris:FTE; NYSE:FTE) will use Accedo's application management solution which provides a front-end user interface including multiple applications as well as a secure back-end system.
News categories: Accedo, Orange, Apps, CES, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Accedo and Viaplay launch media service for Xbox in Nordic region
Dec 20, 2012 – Accedo and Viaplay, the Nordic online streaming service, have announced the launch of Viaplay on Xbox in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The new media app gives access to Viaplay's content offering through the games console.
News categories: Accedo, Viaplay, Xbox, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Games Console, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Accedo and maxdome Partner to Deliver VOD App for PlayStation® 3
Nov 22, 2012 – Accedo and Germany's maxdome have announced the launch of a Playstation® 3 VOD app. The PS3 app gives users access to a vast catalogue of maxdome video titles, including films, series, comedy shows, documentaries, music, children's programmes, and many more.
News categories: Accedo, maxdome, Apps, Games Console, Germany, OTT
Accedo powers Deutsche Telekom TV apps on Entertain
Sep 17, 2012 – Accedo has announced that its Accedo Application Sphere® solution has been chosen by Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt:DTE; NYSE:DT) to power the recently launched TV Apps on Entertain in Germany.
News categories: Accedo, Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Accedo and NDS Partner To Deliver End-to-End Solution for STB Apps
Sep 7, 2012 – Accedo and NDS (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced a partnership to enable set-top-box apps and widgets. The combined solution will enable pay-TV operators to launch their own app store, manage application lifecycle, contextualise content, and monetize apps.
News categories: Accedo, NDS Group, Apps, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box
TiVo partners with Accedo for TV applications
Sep 6, 2012 – Accedo has announced a partnership with TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) for the launch of multiple applications for the TiVo platform. Accedo will launch multiple applications on TiVo, starting with funspot® games, initially in the US.
News categories: Accedo, TiVo Inc, Apps, IBCShow, Set Top Box, USA
Accedo help launch FOXTEL on Samsung Smart TVs in Australia
Jul 9, 2012 – Accedo has announced that it has helped FOXTEL launch their first connected TV application in Australia, by designing and developing the FOXTEL on Internet TV application for Samsung's Smart TV platform.
News categories: Accedo, FOXTEL, Samsung, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense