Digital TV News: Broadcom
Toshiba TVs certified for DivX Plus Streaming
May 7, 2013 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Toshiba is launching a range of DTVs Certified for DivX Plus Streaming™. The agreement will enable Toshiba DTVs to support high-quality entertainment services from over-the-top providers such as KNOWHOW Movies by Dixons Retail in the UK.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Toshiba, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV
Broadcom and ST tie for top spot in Set-top Box IC market
Apr 25, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) tied in unit shipments for the worldwide set-top box IC Market in 2012, with both delivering between 85 and 86 million video SoCs for set-top boxes, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
Apr 23, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has reported results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2013. Net revenue for the first quarter of 2013 was $2.01 billion. This represents an increase of 9.7% compared with the $1.83 billion reported for the first quarter of 2012.
News categories: Broadcom, Results, Semiconductor
SES to pioneer first Ultra HD transmission in HEVC at SES Industry Days
Apr 22, 2013 — SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced that, together with partners Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM), it has pioneered the first Ultra HD transmission in the new HEVC standard live from an ASTRA satellite at 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Harmonic Inc, Broadcom, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Infrastructure, Satellite, Semiconductor
Civolution and Broadcom make Automatic Advertisement Recognition available for Set-top Boxes
Apr 9, 2013 — Civolution has announced the integration of its Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology with STB chipsets from Broadcom. ACR includes, for example, the automatic recognition of broadcast advertisements, thereby enabling companies to trigger synchronized and interactive calls-to-action on the TV screen.
News categories: Civolution, Broadcom, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Envivio and Broadcom Collaborate on HEVC Interoperability
Mar 26, 2013 — Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) and Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) are working on HEVC encoder and decoder interoperability in order to provide a proven, reliable solution ahead of commercial market deployments. Initial Envivio HEVC software deployments are expected to begin in Q2 2013.
News categories: Envivio, Broadcom, Digital TV, Infrastructure, NABShow, Semiconductor
IMCL Deploys Broadcom Integrated Set Top Box SoC for Digitization of Cable Services
Mar 21, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that IndusInd Media & Communications Ltd (IMCL) has selected Broadcom's BCM7013 SoC with integrated silicon tuner for new set top boxes (STB) to deliver standard definition digitized services to India's emerging cable market.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Announces Cost-Optimized Cable HD Set-Top Box SoCs
Mar 21, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first low cost, HD digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market