Digital TV News: Edgeware
Satellite STBs Surge in Q2
Oct 17, 2012 — According to Infonetics Research, satellite set-top boxes surged in Q2, with global shipments up 20% and revenue up 19% sequentially. The biggest growth is coming from the Asia Pacific region but growth is also strong in the Americas.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Verimatrix and Divitel Partner to Extend Reach of Ziggo TV App
Sep 7, 2012 — Verimatrix and Divitel have announced that they have successfully collaborated on the expansion of Ziggo’s Ziggo TV app. Ziggo is the largest cable operator in The Netherlands, providing services to more than three million cable subscribers.
News categories: Verimatrix, Divitel, Ziggo, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Mobile, Netherlands
Big Year for Multi-Screen TV
Jul 31, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recent reports. The first tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers. The second tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes and OTT media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
VESTEL presents Android STB with Beesmart middleware at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 11, 2012 — Vestel will show an Android set-top box with Beesmart middleware at Anga Cable 2012. The new Vestel box also supports the Ekioh web browser and operates on Edgeware, Anevia, Espial, and Bitband VOD servers.
News categories: Beenius, Vestel, ANGA COM, Middleware, Set Top Box
Estonian Cable Television Operator Starman Selects SeaChange Software for VoD Service
May 30, 2012 — SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that Estonia’s Starman, will roll out a nationwide video-on-demand (VOD) service based on the open SeaChange Adrenalin video back office.
News categories: SeaChange, Starman, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Estonia, Infrastructure, Middleware, Terrestrial
Video Infrastructure Market Tops $800 Million in 2011; Set-Top Boxes Get Cheaper
Apr 18, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recently published video equipment reports 'Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Encoder Equipment and Video Subscribers' and 'Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers'.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Home Server, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Edgeware Selected to Implement VOD Services for Indiana's Largest Independent Telecommunications Provider
Apr 16, 2012 — Edgeware has announced that Smithville has selected Edgeware’s Distributed Video Delivery Network (D-VDN) framework to provide on-demand and restart TV services to nine different counties in Indiana, delivered over fiber.
News categories: Edgeware, Smithville, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, USA
Slowdown in N. American digital cable and satellite subscribers hurts video infrastructure market
Apr 1, 2011 — Infonetics Research earlier has released its 4Q10 Cable, Satellite, and IPTV Video Infrastructure and Subscribers market share and forecast report. Worldwide video encoder revenue increased 10% and topped the $100 million mark in 4Q10.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results