Entropic Communications Reports Third Quarter ResultsMonday, October 26th, 2009
SAN DIEGO — Entropic Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:ENTR), a leading provider of silicon and software solutions to enable connected home entertainment, today reported its third quarter results for the period ended September 30, 2009. Entropic reported third quarter net revenues of $31.0 million, an increase of 19 percent compared with $26.1 million in the second quarter of 2009 and two percent lower than in the third quarter of 2008.
- Partnered with Intel Digital Home Group to demonstrate the world’s first UPnP QoS 3.0 over MoCA on a set-top box platform during the CableLabs Summer Conference in Denver.
- Demonstrated a MoCA enabled, high-performance, set-top box reference design in collaboration with NXP Semiconductors for the satellite, cable and IP STB markets at the International Broadcasters Convention (IBC) 2009 in Amsterdam.
- Combined Entropic’s proven MoCA solution with ViXS Systems’ advanced video processing technology to deliver a cutting-edge, high-performance MoCA-enabled network attached storage (NAS) reference design that enables premium content capture, storage and sharing over a MoCA home network.
- Announced inclusion of Entropic’s RF4400 ATSC Tuner in EchoStar’s high-definition over-the-air (OTA) module for select HD set-top boxes.
- Collaborated with Sigma Designs to develop high definition, MoCA-compliant Cable TV and IPTV set-top box reference designs, powered by Entropic’s EN2510 and Sigma Designs’ SMP8654.
- Announced that Inverto’s newest family of Black Unicable Multiswitches will utilize Entropic’s channel stacking switch (CSS) silicon technology for the free to air market.
More: Earnings Release