Alcatel-Lucent to showcase its leadership in Triple Play and Mobile TVFriday, September 7th, 2007
Amsterdam — Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE:ALU) will demonstrate its leadership in Triple Play and Mobile TV solutions at the upcoming IBC 2007 event in Amsterdam from September 6-11, 2007. The Alcatel-Lucent booth (hall 12P, stand 139) will feature Unlimited Mobile TV, with a demonstration of broadcast Mobile TV in UHF and S-Band spanning DVB-H and DVB-SH – in combination with 3G – and Interactive TV, with a demonstration of Participation TV and “red button interactivity” on IPTV. These solutions illustrate how Alcatel-Lucent can help service providers and broadcasters to compete and excel in the market place.
For the entertainment industry, Alcatel-Lucent ensures that consumers can easily find, connect to and interact with the brands and the people they care about, across any screen. In the booth, Alcatel-Lucent will show how a consumer can get access to both live TV and on-demand video content on multiple screens (TV, mobile phone, PC), through broadcast or unicast technologies.
- A convergent multimedia experience for the consumer via flexible entertainment and communication services that include IPTV, interactive and unlimited mobile TV, and multimedia content management and delivery, with more than 120 references around the world
- The network equipment to build a cost-efficient broadcast and unicast infrastructure. The Quality of Experience is guaranteed using flexible, scalable transport and aggregation solutions based on robust, field proven optical, IP and wireless technologies for the contribution and distribution networks, with access solutions including xDSL, FTTx, WiMAX, 3G, DVB-SH and DVB-H.
- Integration services for Consultancy & Design, Integration & Deployment, Operation & Maintenance
Alcatel-Lucent is a world leader in both IPTV and Mobile TV, having already enabled TV, video and music services for more than 120 references around the world. Specific metrics include:
- Mobile Video – selected for more than 80 deployment projects.
- Alcatel-Lucent has over 40 customers using its Triple Play Service Delivery Architecture (TPSDA) across all regions worldwide.
- IPTV – selected as a video and triple play integration partner in more than 40 deployments around the world.