Sigma Designs to Showcase Advanced Video and Networking Technologies at The NCTA Cable ShowMonday, May 10th, 2010
First Public Demonstration of Sigma’s 3DTV Technology
MILPITAS, CA — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM), a leading provider of system-on-chip (SoC) solutions used to deliver entertainment and control throughout the home, announced it will demonstrate four of its leading technologies at The Cable Show, which runs from May 11 – 13, 2010, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA. The Cable Show, which is hosted by the National Cable & Telecommunication Association (NCTA), features the most up-to-date thoughts about content delivery, consumer behavior, and technology breakthroughs for the cable industry.
Members of the press and analyst community are invited to visit the Sigma Designs booth #648, where they will learn about how:
- Sigma’s 8652-based thin clients can convert consumer premises equipment to a cable TV gateway, meeting performance requirements at unprecedented price points
- High-quality 3D video processing on Sigma Designs set-top box solutions enhance user experiences
- Sigma’s HomePlug AV solution enables cable service providers to deliver content to more rooms with higher reliability at a lower cost and improves the performance and reliability of home networks
- Sigma’s Z-Wave solution enables service providers to increase ARPU and net profits by delivering compelling new services such as home control, security, energy management and more
Highlights / Key Facts
- Cable operators have traditionally required an expensive cable set-top box at every TV inside the home. With Sigma’s breakthrough thin client architecture, deployment costs can be substantially reduced while still delivering superior video playback quality — all over IP.
- Sigma is a leading media-processor supplier for high-definition IPTV set-top boxes. Sigma’s media processors power sophisticated on-screen guides and advanced features such as DVR, VoD, fast channel change, simultaneous multi-channel viewing, media-content streaming and sharing.
- The Sigma/CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset gives service providers and CPE equipment manufacturers a cost-effective, reliable, and easy method for the distribution of HD media content, triple-play services and IPTV over a home’s electric power lines.
- Sigma’s industry-standard Z-Wave solutions transform stand-alone devices into intelligent network nodes that can be controlled and monitored wirelessly. Applications for Z-Wave intelligence include home entertainment systems, lighting and appliance control, HVAC systems, security and access control, meter reading, and digital home health care.