Alticast Changes the Way People Watch TV at The Cable Show 2010Tuesday, May 11th, 2010
Showcases Latest ETV and tru2way® Solutions Including Twitter on TV
DENVER, CO — Alticast, the world-wide leader in deployed interactive television solutions, announced today they will be demonstrating multiple ETV and tru2way® solutions such as Twitter on TV, at The Cable Show (Booth #329) at the Los Angeles Convention Center May 11th-13th.
Alticast has expanded and redesigned their exhibit for this year to include new demonstration areas and branded it with the theme “Your World Runs on Alticast.” Attendees will be able to see a wide range of iTV solutions that are driving innovation in the industry, including:
- Twitter on TV — An ETV template that shows how viewers can interact with social media on their TV using their mobile device and facilitates a live community conversation focused around content.
- Polling and trivia — An ETV template that displays and manages polling and trivia campaigns
- AltiVBM — A tru2way viewer measurement system that collects and analyzes metrics from the set top box. This valuable data can be used to help operators understand how subscribers interact with channels, VOD, PPV and iTV applications
- AltiRMS — A tru2way remote monitoring system that collects and analyzes data from key network components like CMTS, cable modems, and set top boxes to help operators monitor the health of their live plant and troubleshoot network and device issues
- Qook TV — The latest GEM-based content navigation UI developed by the Alticast Creative Services team in collaboration with Korea Telecom. QookTV is a truly innovative and immersive UI experience that includes Wii-style navigation.
“Alticast has been extremely busy over the last year expanding our Colorado-based engineering center, launching our new business group focused on iTV application solutions for the North American market, and expansion of our product line including our new Application Solutions business. The Cable Show offers the perfect venue for us to promote our technology to key decision makers in the industry,” said Jeff Bonin, SVP of Business Development and Marketing.
For the past 10 years, Alticast has been developing and deploying scalable, end-to-end solutions that drive innovation in interactive television. The company’s proven technology enables operators, programmers and advertisers to rollout interactive services that engage audiences and increase revenues. For manufacturers, the Alticast mature, standards-based firmware products reduce time-to-market, provide competitive advantage and decrease product costs.
Alticast partners with a Who’s Who of industry heavyweights including Intel Corp., Broadcom, Cisco Systems, Samsung, LG, and Humax, who rely on the company’s products as a core technology in their set top boxes, Blu-ray Disc players, and hybrid video devices.