STMicroelectronics Reports 2010 Third Quarter and Nine Month Financial ResultsTuesday, October 26th, 2010
AMSTERDAM — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) reported financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 25, 2010.
Third Quarter Review
ST’s net revenues for the third quarter of 2010 totaled $2,657 million and included sales recorded by ST-Ericsson as consolidated by ST. Net revenues increased 16.8% compared to the year-ago quarter and 5% sequentially.
On a year-over-year basis, all market segments, except Telecom, posted growth, with Consumer increasing by 36%, Automotive by 31%, Industrial & Other by 25%, and Computer by 18%. Telecom declined by 12%. Distribution increased 61%. Sequentially, all market segments, except Industrial & Other, increased with Computer higher by 16%, Consumer by 6%, Automotive by 4% and Telecom by 3%. Industrial & Other decreased by 5% due to product mix, principally in smartcards. Distribution increased sequentially by 7%.
Q3 2010 Products, Technology and Design Wins – Consumer
Set-top boxes (STBs)
- Major design win at Sagemcom for the STi7108, ST’s most advanced hybrid broadcast/broadband STB decoder System-on-Chip (SoC).
- More than 15 high-definition decoder platforms, implemented in 55nm technology, designed and deployed at major operators worldwide, reaching cumulative shipments of 20 million units by the end of the quarter.
- Major hybrid broadcast/broadband platform awarded to ST for deployment in the UK.
- Design win for ‘analog switch-off’ migration to HDTV and a major satellite broadcaster in the Middle East with deployment starting in 2011.
- Massive deployment of highly integrated and high-performance MPEG-2 cable (STi5197) and satellite (STi5189) platforms in China, India and Latin America.
Integrated Digital TV (iDTV)
- Launched three new highly integrated digital TV SoCs, enabling enhanced user experience and new Internet TV services. The FLI7525 ‘Freeman Premier’ delivers the highest level of integration for 120Hz 3D TV solutions; the FLI7540 ‘Freeman Ultra’ and the FLI2520 ‘Diamond’, a companion chip, deliver uncompromised system performance for 240Hz and 3D TV solutions embedding the industry’s first integration of the VESA-standard iDP (Internal DisplayPort) panel interface.
- Key design-ins for the FLI7540 ‘Freeman Ultra’ include a European TV maker acclaimed for its performance and trend-setting designs, and for the FLI7525 ‘Freeman Premier’ include a recognized Japanese TV ODM supplier to the European market.
More: Earnings Release