ViXS Announces Support for RoxioNow on XCode® 4210Wednesday, January 5th, 2011
TORONTO — ViXS Systems Inc., a leading provider of smart network multimedia processors that enable a rich video entertainment experience, announced today support for the RoxioNow® entertainment platform from Sonic Solutions. Support for RoxioNow on ViXS platforms as a pre-integrated solution can significantly reduce the time-to-market for our OEM customers.
RoxioNow offers a massive selection of premium video entertainment for rental or purchase, including new releases often on the same day of release in stores. RoxioNow-powered media services and devices form a connected ecosystem that consumers can use to seamlessly choose, move, and view video entertainment.
“Embedding RoxioNow’s technology in our SOCs brings an exciting new experience for consumers,” said Ms. Sally Daub, President and CEO of VIXS Systems Inc. “Availability of RoxioNow on ViXS SOCs will allow our customers to bring value-added devices to the connected digital home.”
ViXS’ implementation of RoxioNow enables the complete platform services offering storefront browsing, streaming of both HD and SD content to PCs, connected HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc players and portable devices.
“Our collaboration with ViXS, and integration into its platforms, will help further expand our footprint on connected devices,” said Mark Ely, Executive Vice President, Strategy, Sonic Solutions. “Working with leading semiconductor manufacturers like ViXS helps streamline the process of including RoxioNow-powered storefronts on next-generation consumer electronics, and allows our retail partners to rapidly introduce their services to millions of consumers.”
XCode® 4210’s robust feature set creates a rich user experience to view digital media content through Roxio’s RoxioNow on an array of devices. These features include:
- Advanced media processing engines seamlessly handling dynamic resolution changes, trick play modes, and other advanced features in RoxioNow.
- Adaptive streaming technology providing excellent video quality even with varying bandwidth to the home.
- Advanced 2D and 3D graphic engines providing a fast and responsive user experience on either the native RoxioNow user interface or Adobe® Flash® Lite user interface.
- Advanced security processor architecture implements RoxioNow DRM (digital rights management) and enables viewing of premium content.
- Support for Managed Copy.
- Support for RoxioNow’s 3D TV streaming technology. XCode® 4210 is capable of full HD 3D TV, and enables both standard and proprietary legacy and true HD modes, including Blu-ray MVC (Multi-View Codec).
The XCode® 4210 is in production. Please contact our sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and further information.