Residential Gateways Represent Nearly 40% of All Broadband CPE Shipments in 3Q10Wednesday, December 29th, 2010
Residential Gateways continued their assault on the Broadband CPE market in 3Q10, rising 4.9% from the previous quarter and 43.2% from a year ago. Residential Gateways represented nearly 40% of all Broadband CPE shipments in 3Q10, says In-Stat.
“The overall broadband CPE market grew for the 2nd consecutive quarter in 3Q10 and, as in last quarter, the growth is primarily a result of increases in Residential Gateway shipments,” says Brad Shaffer, Industry Analyst. “This trend is likely to continue for the next several cycles.”
Recent research found the following:
- In 3Q10, 30.3 million broadband CPE units were shipped, a 1.7% increase from the previous quarter and a 5.1% increase from the same quarter last year.
- Cable modem unit shipments were up 10.7% from the previous quarter, largely due to a 15.5% jump in EMTA modem shipments.
- xDSL modem shipments continued to decline, falling 12.5% from the previous quarter and 42.7% from the same quarter last year.
- D-Link continues to dominate the Broadband CPE market with a shipment based market share of over 14%, in line with their market share in the same period a year ago.
Recent In-Stat research, 3Q10 Broadband CPE Tracker : By Region, Product, Technology, and Vendor (#IN1004646BM), examines the worldwide broadband CPE market for 3Q10. Market shares for broadband CPE vendors are provided, based both on unit shipments and manufacturers’ revenue for the quarter. The broadband CPE market measurable components include:
- Cable modems and embedded multimedia terminal adapters (E-MTAs)
- DSL modems
- Broadband routers
- Residential gateways
- All data is provided with worldwide regional breakouts
For a free sample of the report and more information, please contact Elaine Potter at: email@example.com or (480) 483-4441.