EchoStar Reports Third Quarter 2007 Financial ResultsFriday, November 9th, 2007
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) reported total revenue of $2.79 billion for the quarter ended September 30, 2007, a 12.9 percent increase compared with $2.48 billion for the corresponding period in 2006.
Net income totaled $200 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2007, compared with $140 million during the corresponding period in 2006. Basic earnings per share was $0.45 for the quarter ended September 30, 2007, compared with basic earnings per share of $0.31 during the corresponding period in 2006.
EchoStar’s DISH Network® service, the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider, added approximately 110,000 net new subscribers during the third quarter of 2007, ending the quarter with approximately 13.695 million subscribers.
Detailed financial data and other information are available in EchoStar’s Form 10-Q for the quarterly period ended September 30, 2007, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution