CYMTV signs Hanelcom deal to create IPTV service in VietnamFriday, March 11th, 2011
ROTTERDAM — Netherlands-based CYMTV B.V. has signed a memorandum of understanding with Vietnam’s Hanelcom to jointly build a new IP-based television service for Vietnam.
The new service will be called “HanelTV” and will become available for TV (using the new Hanel set-top box), PC, Smartphone and Tablet.
The main technology used will be CYMTV’s private cloud streaming product, which ensures high-quality video content to be securely streamed over the open internet.
HanelTV will offer live channels in SD and HD quality, as well as on-demand video, news and information services, games, karaoke, a community portal and more. The service will even offer 3D content.
In addition, HanelTV will also be available for Vietnamese living outside of Vietnam.
CYMTV and Hanelcom will also co-operate on the future DVB-T2 platform that is set to be launched in 2012.
More information on HanelTV will become available over the next few months preceeding the service’s launch planned later this year.
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027