GVT launches hybrid satellite pay TV in BrazilThursday, September 15th, 2011
GVT, an alternative telecommunications operator in Brazil owned by Vivendi (Paris:VIV), has announced the pre-launch of its hybrid satellite pay TV service for Brazil. The service combines broadcast satellite TV with IPTV content delivered over GVT’s broadband network. Full marketing of the service starts in October.
GVT TV offers up to 140 TV channels including over 30 in high-definition (HD). A 500GB personal video recorder with multi-room home networking capability is also available.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution