Jupiter Telecommunications Announces November 2007 Subscriber FiguresFriday, December 14th, 2007
Tokyo, Japan — Jupiter Telecommunications Co., Ltd. (JASDAQ: 4817), the largest multiple system operator (MSO) in Japan based on the number of customers served, has announced that the total subscribing households as of November 30, 2007 served by J:COM’s 21 managed franchises reached 2.75 million, up 482,000, or 21.2% since November 30, 2006.
Combined revenue generating units (RGUs) for cable television, high-speed Internet access and telephony services reached 4.85 million, up 838,000 or 20.9% since November 30, 2006.
The bundle ratio (average number of services received per subscribing household) including the Cable West Group is 1.76 as of November 30 2007; however, excluding the Cable West Group, the bundle ratio increased to 1.80 as of November 30, 2007 from 1.77 since November 30, 2006. The cable television digital migration rate as of November 30, 2007 increased to 66% from 49% as of November 30, 2006.
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution