MEDIA BROADCAST launches DVB-S2 Transmission Platform on Astra 23.5°EWednesday, March 28th, 2012
BONN — MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Europe’s leading full service provider for the broadcast and media sector, launched a DVB-S2 transmission platform on Astra 23.5° East (Astra 3B) at the beginning of March 2012.
The platform enables the efficient use of available transponder capacities for the transmission of HDTV programmes. MEDIA BROADCAST is targeting markets in Central and Eastern Europe, with a focus on the Czech Republic and Slovakia, via the satellite’s Europe Wide Beam. The first programmes on the new DVB-S2 platform will include the Czech TV HD channel as well as media services from the Federal Parliament. The signal will enable the feed-in of Czech TV HD into regional cable networks as well as supplying DTH broadcasting to 1.5 million Czech households.
“The launch of DVB-S2 services on Astra 23.5° East is an important step for MEDIA BROADCAST, providing emerging TV markets in Eastern Europe with efficient transmission services for SD-HD migration that best use the bandwidths available on the transponder” explained Dr. Ute Haimerl, Head of Broadcast Satellite Services. “In doing this, we are creating an additional technical foundation for the sustainable promotion of our international activities in these important European markets.” MEDIA BROADCAST is currently leading concrete negotiations with additional programme providers regarding the use of the new DVB-S2 transmission platform.
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics