Russia's STB market to reach 5.15 million units in 2012Thursday, August 30th, 2012
According to a report from J’son & Partners, the number of set-top boxes sold in Russia in 2011 was 3.95 million up from 3.45 million in 2010. The market research company expects this number will grow significantly in 2012 to reach 5.15 million units.
Satellite is expected to remain as the largest market, with General Satellite being the number one manufacturer as it is the supplier to Tricolor TV, the most popular service.
IPTV is the second largest segment with SmartLabs being number one. SmartLabs are a major supplier of digital receivers to Rostelecom.
Digital terrestrial (DVB-T, DVB-T2) lies in third place with sales expected to reach one million units in 2013. Top manufacturers are Signal («Сигнал», Stavropol), Radiozavod («Радиозавод», Penza), Promsvyaz («Промсвязь», Ufa) and General Satellite (Kaliningrad).
The remaining segment is cable, in fourth position.
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices