ViXS Systems announces general availability of MoCA 2.0 solutionTuesday, September 4th, 2012
ViXS™ Delivers Industry’s Most Comprehensive Portfolio of Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®) Solutions for the Connected Home
- ViXS MoCA 2.0 and MoCA 1.1 portfolio includes competitive stand-alone solutions as well as integrated solutions embedded in ViXS’ XCode Network Media Processor System on Chip (SoC) devices targeting Consumer Premise Equipment (CPE), Ethernet-over-Coax Bridge (ECB), Set-top Box (STB) and Media Gateway Transcoding markets
TORONTO — ViXS Systems Inc. today announces general availability of its MoCA 2.0 solution. The XConnex™ 1000 MoCA 2.0 Radio Frequency (RF) transceiver and the XConnex 1030 MoCA 2.0 stand-alone Media Access Controller and Physical Layer (MAC/PHY) integrated SoC introduces a highly integrated and cost effective market solution. ViXS’ MoCA 2.0 provides maximum throughput combined with new low power management features incorporated in its MoCA 2.0 MAC/PHY IC and innovative RF silicon design to exceed stringent low power requirements. In addition, enhanced security features have been developed for increased levels of content protection while maintaining backwards compatibility and interoperability to existing MoCA 1.0 and 1.1 deployed network solutions.
ViXS’ is a strong proponent of MoCA and recognise this as one of the leading connected home networking technologies and has established a record for bringing new MoCA innovations to market in the shortest time. ViXS has led the industry with the following first time innovations:
- Introduced to the market industry’s first Quad HD transcoder gateway SoC, the XCode® 5195, with integrated MoCA 1.1 in March 2011.
- Sampled the first stand-alone XConnex 1025 and the XConnex 1020, MoCA 1.1 solutions, with integrated Ethernet physical layer interfaces (PHYs) combined with networking layer 3 systems support in June 2011. This innovation not only reduced the cost for these applications through high levels of integration but also allows for remote networking diagnostics, a function not currently supported.
- Set a new level of integration and cost point for MoCA radio frequency (RF) transceivers with the introduction of XConnex 900 MoCA 1.1 RF Transceiver in January 2012.
- Introduced the first ARM processor based next generation gateway SoC, the XCode 6210, with integrated MoCA 2.0 at IBC conference in September 2012.
- Introduce the most advance media gateway SoC, the XCode 6308, with integrated MoCA 2.0 at the IBC conference in September 2012. The XCode 6308 is the first and only gateway SoC capable of doing six HD- transcodes to address the market trend for video streaming to multiple screens within the home.
“ViXS is renowned for its network media processor technology. With this full complement of MoCA 1.0/1.1 and 2.0 stand alone and embedded solutions we are very well positioned to play a crucial role in developing the next generation of connected home devices and delivering seamless and ubiquitous content to multiple CPE devices, Set-top box, gateway, client, smart phones, Televisions, Tablets and other media devices” said Sundeep Ahluwalia, Director Marketing, ViXS Systems Inc. “ViXS is focused on creating value for our customers by providing a wide portfolio of products that enables them to address multiple product categories by leveraging a common development platform. With the integration of MoCA in all its major product lines ViXS has eased one of the most challenging networking issues in our industry, that of moving and processing large amounts of HD content seamless across multiple connected devices”.