Envivio to Showcase Enhanced MPEG-2 Video Processing and TV Anytime, on Any Device at SCTE Cable-Tec ExpoThursday, October 11th, 2012
Advanced MPEG-2 Multiplexing for Bandwidth Reclamation, Start Over TV and HEVC Encoding for Multi-Screen on Display at Booth #1347
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. — At SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2012 booth #1347, Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) will showcase its market-leading software-based solutions for traditional TV and TV Everywhere, as well as new capabilities that further enhance multi-screen services by bringing time-shifted TV Anytime to mobile devices. Cable-Tec Expo is the leading cable technology event in North America, taking place October 17-19 in Orlando, Florida.
For cable bandwidth reclamation, advanced Envivio Muse™ MPEG-2 software compression enables up to five HD or 23 SD channels per QAM, and capped variable bitrate (VBR) feeds for on-demand applications such as VOD, switched digital video (SDV), network DVR or Start Over. Envivio will also feature next generation HEVC (H.265) video compression technology at 50% lower bandwidth than H.264.
Other highlights of Envivio’s presence at SCTE Cable-Tec include:
- The recently introduced 4Caster™ G4 Intel-based platform, enabling significant advances in channel density and performance in a modular multi-node configuration
- TV Anytime for multi-screen, including highlights creation and time-shifted TV services such as Start Over, Catch-up and network PVR
- Personalized index creation (PIC) functionality on the Envivio Halo™ network media processor, offering a new approach for efficient and cost-effective dynamic asset creation
Envivio is also proud to sponsor the multi-screen Pacesetter Award from CED Magazine, which will be presented on October 18 to Rob Martell, SVP of eMedia at Cablevision.
In addition, Envivio software on HP blade servers was recognized recently by Broadband Technology Report with a score of 3.5 Diamonds and the Judges’ Special Recognition award in the 2012 Diamond Technology Reviews. The judges, representatives from leading MSOs, indicated that the Envivio solution for encoding in a datacenter environment “helps us realize the concept of video as an application based on general purpose blades” and offers “great features in a standardized platform…very useful to MSOs.”
“Cable operators can benefit from our versatile software-based solutions that enable the full complement of video services–from HD and SD broadcast services in MPEG-2 delivered to the living room TV set, to multi-format adaptive bit-rate services for tablets and smartphones,” said Arnaud Perrier, vice president of solutions for Envivio. “For any screen that operators are targeting, Envivio brings the solutions that offer superior video quality and bandwidth efficiency while also enabling advanced applications such as multi-screen dynamic ad insertion and time-shifted TV.”
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin