Aston embeds Viaccess-Orca ACS 5.0 content protectionMonday, October 29th, 2012
Aston and Viaccess-Orca announce latest and most secure reception device embedded technology
PARIS — Aston, a leading manufacturer of advanced STB & CAMs, and Viaccess-Orca, a global leader in the protection and enhancement of content services, today announced that ACS 5.0, Viaccess-Orca’s most advanced content protection security technology, is now available embedded in Aston’s latest generation STBs & CAMs. Aston is the first manufacturer having succeeded such an integration thanks to a strong long term partnership with Viaccess-Orca. Embedding this technology brings security management solutions including control word (CW) protection renewability to operators.
The new Aston products announced are:
- A CI+ 1.3 CAM, supporting operator’s profile and revocation list. Not only this CAM supports Viaccess-Orca technology and CI+ most advanced profile but it also brings both USB and PVR capabilities to the viewers. The USB connectivity accessory also allows for lightening fast module update while the CAM is still in operation
- A DVB-S2 Mpeg4 HD 3D, dual tuner & PVR ready Set-Top-Box (STB) fully HbbTV compliant and multi-room streaming capable. The STB is using MStar Semi’s K2 secured chipset. The STB includes Viaccess-Orca ACS 5.0, MStar’s K2 Mpeg4 HD secured chipset and Aston’s advanced and versatile STB design.
Aston and Viaccess-Orca also announce availability of the first professional fully secured CAM module on the market capable of 16 simultaneous channels decryption. This new module available since September has the following unique market features:
- Up to 16 channels simultaneous descrambling (world’s best). 8 & 12 channels version also available
- Up to 64 PIDS descrambling
- Stream rate up to 96Mb/s
- Exclusive non-stop descrambling operations USB update
- OTA Update in less than 1 minute (256 Kb/s rate)
“Viaccess-Orca’s latest and most secure reception device embedded technology is now available on-the-shelf because of our partnership with Aston,” said Johary Ratsimbazafy, Partnerships Director at Viaccess-Orca. “These announcements show the industry that Aston and Viaccess-Orca provide the strongest security solutions for Pay TV operators and broadcasters.”
“Aston is a long-time Viaccess-Orca partner,” said Stéphane Nitenberg, Aston’s Managing Director. “We have an impressive series of joint success stories both on the French and international markets. With the combination of Viaccess-Orca’s top-notch security features brought by ACS 5.0 and Aston’s most advanced and leading edge CI+ CAM, professional CAM and HbbTV HD PVR ready STB we jointly bring the best in class value proposition to serve our prestigious customers worldwide.