Broadcom Drives Future Growth of China's Next Generation Broadband InitiativeWednesday, October 31st, 2012
New Cable Innovations Deliver Secure Convergence of Broadcast, Broadband and Over-the-Top (OTT) Content throughout the Home
- Features consistent software platform to support OTT content delivery
- Supports China DCAS standard for advanced security across the network
- Combines latest home networking standards including 5G WiFi, MoCA 2.0 and HomePlug AV for multi-screen connected home experience
HANGZHOU, China — International Coverage and Transmission Conference (ICTC) — Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced cable innovations to drive new TV and broadband experiences in China, fueling the next phase of next generation broadband (NGB). With the deployment of two-way cable networks throughout China, cable operators are now looking to deliver a more connected, Internet-based TV and broadband experience to subscribers. Demonstrating its commitment to innovating cable networks in China, Broadcom combines a consistent home software platform, key home networking standards support and Chinese security standard integration to deliver an Internet-based, connected home environment in China.
Broadcom will be hosting a press conference at this week’s ICTC show in Hangzhou and will also be demonstrating its connected home cable solutions in booth #A6.
With highly integrated, scalable and cost-effective solutions, Broadcom’s connected home cable platforms are tailored to meet the next phase of China’s NGB initiative. Key integrated features include:
- Combined Internet & TV Delivery: Broadcom enables cable operators in China to deliver broadcast, broadband and over-the-top (OTT) content to their subscribers
- Connected Home: Broadcom supports a full range of connected home standards including 5G WiFi (based on the IEEE 802.11ac standard), MoCA and Powerline Communications (PLC) to connect devices and content throughout the home
- OTT Content Simplified: Broadcom is the only company with a consistent home software platform that delivers rich Internet experiences in the home
- Full-Band Capture (FBC) digital tuning technology: offers more flexible front-end design to support the growing need for multiple TV, video and Internet streams to multiple screens
- FBC Remote Diagnostics: reduces total cost of ownership by offering operators real-time management and upgrade capabilities to improve customer service
- Secure Content Delivery: Broadcom supports the China DCAS standard for advanced security across the network
- Key consumer benefits: Broadcom enables fast channel change (FastRTV®) and constant volume levels.
Broadcom’s connected home cable platforms tailored for China are now shipping.