ViXS, Unihan, Lantiq and Morega Announce Home Media Gateway PlatformMonday, January 7th, 2013
Forge combines high-speed broadband access with cutting edge media mobility services to help service providers profitably monetize the digital home
LAS VEGAS — 2013 International CES — ViXS® Systems Inc. today announced a powerful new home media gateway platform, Forge, developed in partnership with Unihan, Lantiq and Morega™ Systems, Inc. Forge combines high speed internet access, digital voice services, and wireless delivery of premium video, pictures and music to smartphones, tablets, laptops, and connected TVs throughout the home and beyond. The platform includes the world’s leading media transcoding system-on-chip (SoC), a VDSL broadband modem, diverse I/O options, and innovative media management software to create a highly flexible architecture at an unprecedented low cost point.
With Forge, pay television service providers finally have an affordable option for high-volume deployments that will fundamentally change the way consumers access content and services. The key features of Forge are:
- ViXS XCode® 4310 Dual HD Network Media Processor for multi-format video and audio transcoding and content security
- Complete turnkey solution designed with Unihan’s strong R&D and manufacturing expertise that enables fast time to market for a cost-effective, high-volume deployment
- Lantiq’s market proven XWAY™ VRX288 VDSL Gateway platform
- Voice services supported by Lantiq’s SLIC™ and ISDN devices
- Comprehensive media mobility software from Morega Systems for presenting user-owned and premium content in a consistent interface across iOS, MacOS, Android and Windows devices, both inside the home as well as remotely
- Dual Band Dual Concurrent 802.11n Wi-Fi for streaming content to wireless IP devices
- Media streaming using Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA®), and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Optional built-in storage so that consumers can store, access and share their digital content both within their home and remotely
- Optional targeted advertising solution using Morega software to replace pre-roll, post-roll and interstitial advertisements according to user analytics and statistics
Forge will be demonstrated at the 2013 International CES Show (Jan. 8-11) in the ViXS Systems Booth MP25953, South Hall 2, as well as in the Morega Product Suite at the Venetian.
“Forge is the optimal platform to answer consumer demands for content mobility and a smart home network,” said Sally Daub, President and CEO of ViXS Systems. “Our market leading XC4310 SoC enables real-time processing and delivery of multiple concurrent streams of live content and personal media. We are excited to collaborate with Unihan, Lantiq and Morega to bring to market a complete system solution that is ready for our customers to customize and deploy.”
“The strong R&D and manufacturing expertise of Unihan has quickly and cost-effectively integrated ViXS, Lantiq and Morega technology to create a unique and feature rich platform that meets the growing consumer demands of high bandwidth broadband access, multi-screen media access and media portability,” said Steve Huang, Corporate Vice President and General Manager of Unihan Corporation. “This is an ideal solution that service providers can launch quickly to attract new customers while increasing satisfaction and retention of existing customers.”
“As broadband traffic will be more and more video dominated, there is a growing need to upgrade traditional broadband gateways with video processing and storage capabilities. We are proud that with the partnership with ViXS, Unihan and Morega, we can demonstrate that the Lantiq gateway platform is ready for media gateway applications. This joint system solution will help operators to deploy value-added services,” said Dirk Wieberneit, Lantiq Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) Business Unit.
“From Morega’s perspective, this collaboration offers the service provider community with a superior way to enable media mobility in and out of the home,” said Buddy Snow, CEO, Morega. “Our software is preferred by some of the largest media companies worldwide, and is proven to help operators easily and quickly deploy these advanced media services. Within the Forge platform, Morega’s high-performance software ensures that all media are properly formatted and reliably reach the designated client devices via wireless streaming or file downloads, while preserving metadata and DRM. We also support advanced advertising solutions. Morega software can be flexibly deployed in a variety of multi-screen scenarios, and we are excited to show it at CES.”