Global market for multimedia chipsets estimated at $19.8 billion in 2012Thursday, January 17th, 2013
WELLESLEY, Mass. — The global market for multimedia chipsets was estimated to be worth $19.8 billion in 2012. At a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9%, the market is expected to grow to $27.7 billion by 2017. This growth will be primarily driven by inventions and the developments of new multimedia technologies and a growing consumer base in Asia.
This report divides the multimedia chipset market into five segments: digital TV, set-top box/IPTV, DVD/home media players, digital camera, and digital signal processors (DSP). BCC expects strong growth in all segments, except digital TVs, which are expected to be saturated in the future.
The growth is driven by the insatiable appetite of consumers looking for a perfect display. Marketing and hype provided by upcoming devices such as tablets that boast near paper-quality display drive consumers to buy new multimedia devices. Due to technology advancements, this phenomenon is repeated across the globe and is giving boost to multimedia chipsets. Consumers are willing to pay a premium for devices with enhanced displays, and this trend is evident in all of the device segments.
Asia is the largest market for multimedia chipsets, accounting for nearly $9.1 billion in 2011, followed by North America at $3.5 billion. Each of the markets is expected to continue momentum and grow at CAGRs of 7.2% and 6.3%, respectively, during the next five years. The rapid growth in Asia is attributed to the growing purchasing power of the population and their fondness for new multimedia technologies. The rest of the world (ROW) market is expected to grow fastest in the category at an 8.3% CAGR and will increase from nearly $2.2 billion in 2011 to $3.8 billion in 2017.
The report also includes a high-level discussion of the hardware and software design that pertains to each segment. The goal of Multimedia Chipsets: Technologies and Global Markets (IFT099A) is to provide readers with the following:
- Understanding of the characteristics of chipsets targeted toward each market and the roles played by different hardware and software components
- Understanding of the market segment and the factors driving its growth
- Knowledge of business models used in different market segments
- Market potential for each segment and projections for the next five years.
This report will be useful to a broad reader base. More specifically, the following should benefit:
- Consumer electronics industry insiders, including executives, managers, marketing, and salespeople, looking to enhance their business knowledge by understanding more about the multimedia chipsets market
- Product marketing and management people from the multimedia chipsets market ecosystem who want to understand the intricacies of the market and position their products accordingly
- Business and venture executives in the technology industry looking to invest in multimedia chipset companies
- Finance and investment professionals looking to make investment decisions for multimedia chipset manufacturers.
MULTIMEDIA CHIPSET MARKET BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION, 2011-2017
Source: BCC Research LLC, 49 Walnut Park, Building 2, Wellesley, MA 02481, Telephone: 866-285-7215; Email: [email protected]