Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 ResultsTuesday, February 5th, 2013
SAN DIEGO — Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, today reported its fourth quarter and fiscal year results for the period ended December 31, 2012. Entropic reported fourth quarter net revenues of $89.7 million, a slight decrease compared with $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012.
Service Provider Activities
- Tianjin Broadcast and TV Network Deployed Entropic’s c.LINK® Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) Solution: Entropic announced the deployment of its latest c.LINK Broadband Access technology by Tianjin Broadcast and TV Network Co., Ltd. to increase speed and quality of broadband service.
- InCablenet Deployed Entropic’s Proven Set-top Box (STB) System-on-a-Chip (SoC) Technology: Entropic announced its STB SoC technology, the CX2448x, has been deployed by India’s leading cable multi-system operator (MSO), InCablenet, to assist with the ‘Analog Sunset’ transition.
- DIRECTV PanAmericana Selected Entropic’s Silicon and Software to Roll-Out Advanced TV Viewing Services:Entropic announced its analog Channel Stacking Switch (CSS®) and MoCA-based silicon and software have been selected by DIRECTV PanAmericana to enhance the way content is delivered into and connected throughout the home.
- Technicolor and Entropic Partnered to Deliver a Powerful Client STB: Entropic announced its technology is part of Technicolor’s MediaPlay (Xi3) client solution, which is based on hardware and software specifications developed by Comcast. The Technicolor MediaPlay client is fully compliant with the Comcast-developed X1 client-server architecture, and uses Entropic’s TSC188 STB SoC bundled with its MoCA 1.1 silicon and software to bring the power of cloud-based applications to every screen in the home.
- Humax and Entropic Announced Development of an IP-Client Device:Entropic announced its TSC188 STB SoC bundled with its MoCA 1.1 silicon and software are being used in Humax’ Xi3 IP-Client device to enable the shift from broadcast to IP-based services and applications in the home. The device leverages the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK) to enable device manufacturers to rapidly develop, optimize and deploy new broadcast and IP-based solutions for richer consumer TV experiences.
- Entropic’s MoCA 2.0 Utilized by ARRIS in New Advanced Headless Video Gateway: Entropic announced its MoCA 2.0 silicon and software solution has been selected by ARRIS Group, Inc. for use in the ARRIS MG2402 Video Gateway that uses XG5 and Reference Design Kit (RDK) specifications developed by Comcast. This is the first official product announcement of MoCA 2.0 designed into a headless gateway and paves a path to economically deliver more services to cable customers across a broader range of devices.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution