Telefónica chooses Eagle Kingdom for PlayBOX OTT STBMonday, September 15th, 2014
Telefónica™ chooses Eagle Kingdom Technologies™ as their new PlayBOX™ partner
MADRID, Spain — Eagle Kingdom Technologies Ltd (EKT), a leading supplier of advanced digital media solutions has won the bidding from Telefónica Spain to supply the new PlayBOX OTT Set Top Box (STB). Based on the advanced IPTV/OTT STB solution from EKT, Telefónica will deploy a complete new OTT experience worldwide with the initial launch in various Latin American markets under the PlayBOX brand.
“Winning the PlayBOX business demonstrates the advantage of combining the innovation and advanced technology of our European based solidTV middleware with the quality, speed to market and cost effective design & manufacturing of our Chinese teams.” says Richard Smith, CEO of the EKT group.
He continues to say: “Our solution is based on the latest generation of an ARM based Entropic SoC with a full integration to the PlayBOX portal, offers Telefónica a solution that has a class leading user experience while remaining cost effective.”
EKT will demonstrate this and its other products during the IBC2014. Hall5:C28.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services