Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm marketTuesday, May 14th, 2013
NORTHWICH & BASINGSTOKE, UK — Farncombe and Inview today announced they are working together to offer operators in Latin America a new, cost-effective way to launch OTT services in the region.
Through the collaboration, named T4, Farncombe is providing its system integration capabilities alongside Inview’s OTT platform to LatAm operators, enabling them to enhance their broadcast services with a customised hybrid OTT platform using Inview’s state-of-the-art user interface (UI).
Farncombe is known for its expertise in design, testing and deployment of digital video solutions and user interfaces in Europe and LatAm while Inview has deployed hybrid OTT services across Europe. To strengthen its presence in the region, Farncombe recently announced it is working with Brazilian telecom consulting firm CMAG. By partnering together, Farncombe and Inview have the experience and solutions to deliver customised OTT solutions, tailored to meet the particular needs of the LatAm marketplace.
The T4 OTT platform is leveraging Inview’s Liberator OTT solution, which consists of an end-to-end, modular ecosystem for fast, scalable delivery of OTT services. Liberator includes a cloud-based back office system and service management, together with a ready-made library of TV apps and local content for fast roll out. At the front end it features:
- Customisable EPGs and Info Bars that integrate on demand content alongside linear TV;
- VOD apps that can be linked to existing billing systems or eWallet services;
- A recommendation engine that combines VOD and linear content;
- A complete apps library, with access to other app ecosystems, such as Android, if required;
- Companion apps for tablet and mobile devices, allowing users to navigate the EPG, manage their recordings and update their schedule
Julie Austin, CEO of Inview Solutions, commented: “T4 stands for the Turnkey, Tried-and-tested, Transformative, Trusted approach we can provide operators who are looking to deploy an OTT service. With players such as TotalMovie and Netflix launching across the region, now is the time to take advantage of the OTT opportunity. The region brings various issues on delivery however, and we feel that the modular approach of T4 and lightweight footprint will provide operators in this region with the flexibility they need to move forward.”
Adriana Menezes Whiteley, head of Farncombe’s Strategy Practice, commented: “Latin Americans are quick to demand and embrace innovation – as new consumer segments are joining the market operators must address them with the right products or risk being left behind. By offering a solution in conjunction with Inview we can help operators navigate these major hurdles and launch a successful OTT service. By working together with Inview we have something different to offer – a sound approach with a flexible delivery option.”
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution