Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter serviceMonday, May 20th, 2013
AgênciaClick Isobar creates first Twitter hashtag that works like a record button
SKY Brasil, the largest subscription-TV operator in Brazil, has launched #SKYREC, a new service for subscribers of SKY HD. This service enables the recording of programs on the decoder with just one re-tweet. The service also naturally generates spontaneous media for the brand.
AgênciaClick Isobar created #SKYREC to transform the SKY customer experience through social media. The concept was developed by the agency, having seen that consumers were viewing twitter as their television information source rather than the SKY program schedule website.
How it works:
- The customer inserts their Twitter username when registering on the SKY site and the name will then be linked to their subscriber number
- To record programs of interest, the SKY customer simply re-tweets @skybrasil including the hashtag #SKYREC
- SKY then connects the twitter handle with the customer’s decoder at home and automatically records the program
Fred Saldanha, Creative Vice President at AgênciaClick Isobar, said: “This service gives new significance to the Twitter brand by facilitating action in the customer’s life. By using #SKYREC customers don’t have to go to the program, the program goes to them. It’s a simple, innovative idea that is extremely relevant to the customer.”
To publicize the new service, a video for TV will be exhibited on SKY channels, as well as paid media on Internet.
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland