FRANSAT and ASTON launch CI+ 1.3 CAM moduleThursday, September 12th, 2013
Reception of the FRANSAT platform extends to a wide range of TV displays with integrated satellite decoder
PARIS — The new FRANSAT CI+(1) CAM(2) module manufactured by ASTON under the name “MINISAT ® HD Easy” now allows reception of the FRANSAT platform on a wide selection of televisions incorporating the CI+ 1.3 standard.
The FRANSAT CAM module is a particularly smart solution for viewers, enabling them to easily access the FRANSAT platform without an external decoder and a second remote control. The module is easily slotted into the back of the TV display in an unobtrusive purpose-built space without additional cables and is controlled directly by the TV remote control. Using the HbbTV standard, most compatible TV displays also allow access to new connected television services provided by the Digital Terrestrial Television channels broadcast in France through FRANSAT.
The module leverages the innovations introduced by the CI+ 1.3 standard, in particular optimised management of scheduled recordings and the “operator profile” function that allows the module to automatically install the FRANSAT channel list. For TV set manufacturers, direct reception of FRANSAT on televisions is possible without the need for further development.
This innovation will open FRANSAT reception to a growing number of televisions that incorporate the CI+ 1.3 standard. It also coincides with the increased range of consumer displays incorporating a tuner for satellite reception. FRANSAT CAM modules are already compatible with CI+1.2 standard SAMSUNG (ES 2012 series), VESTEL (2012 and 2013 range) and Philips televisions (2013 FUSION series, models 6000-9000) and CI+ 1.3 standard SAMSUNG (Series F 2013) televisions. Further models allowing direct reception of FRANSAT will be available by the end of the year.
The MINISAT ® HD Easy FRANSAT powered by ASTON is already available in France in a wide network of outlets at a retail price of €129. There is also a FRANSAT + beIN SPORT version, including a three-month Discovery Pass to the beIN SPORT 1 and beIN SPORT 2 channels, for a retail price of €149.
MINISAT ® HD Easy FRANSAT made by ASTON, a fusion of technologies:
- First Viaccess 5.0 CI+ 1.3 CAM module on the market
- Hardware Platform exclusively owned by ASTON
- MIPS 4KEc Dual Core processor with a 300 MHz capacity suitable for intensive use
- 96 Mb/sec bit rate ensuring rapid decryption and stability
- USB and ultra-fast satellite updates without interruption of service (5 seconds and less than 1 minute respectively)
- Decoding of three streams simultaneously: when MINISAT ® HD Easy is inserted in a PVR Ready television , the user can record one channel while watching two other channels simultaneously (one channel live and one channel Picture in Picture)*
* Subject to the distribution of channels on the same frequency and the ability of the television to manage the PVR and Picture in Picture functions over several encrypted channels at once
1. The CI+ is a standard developed by CAM module and TV set manufacturers for secure decryption of signals between CAM and CI interface.
2. “Conditional Access Module” decryption module to be inserted in any digital TV device equipped with a common interface slot.