PathPartner announces HEVC (H.265) decoder for ARM Cortex-A processorsThursday, February 13th, 2014
BANGALORE, India — PathPartner Technology, a leading provider of embedded multimedia software services and solutions, announces the availability of HEVC decoder on ARM Cortex-A family processors. HEVC is the latest international standard for video compression designed for high quality streaming on mobile devices to ultra-high resolution displays. It can reduce the bandwidth and file size by 50% over current H.264 encoding for same video quality.
PathPartner has developed a software solution for HEVC decoder which takes advantage of the full capabilities of mobile SoCs built on latest ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) processors. The solution can do real time decoding of 1080p @ 30 fps sequences on dual and quad core Cortex-A processors. The HEVC decoder also supports decoding of Ultra HD (4k) sequences at lower frame rate (up to 24 fps) based on target processor configuration. The design fully leverages the capabilities of the NEON SIMD engine and multi-threading, to exploit data and functional parallelism on ARM Cortex microprocessor cores. The HEVC decoder implementation is load balanced and scalable across single and multi-core devices.
Key features of PathPartner’s HEVC/H.265 Decoder:
- Universal Main profile decoder – supports all features of Main profile as per latest HEVC (H.265) standard approved by ITU-T/ISO
- Complaint to HM (JCT-VC reference code) version 13.0
- Highly robust to error streams and supports high quality error concealment
- Decoder optimized for ARM NEON based multi-core processors using scalable multi-threaded implementation for faster on-device processing
- Available on multiple software platforms like Android, iOS, Windows 8/7 and Linux
For licensing of this solution, please reach out to [email protected]