Sigma Designs reports fiscal year 2014 resultsWednesday, April 9th, 2014
Sigma Designs, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2014 Financial Results
MILPITAS, CA — Sigma Designs®, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIGM), a leader in intelligent media platforms, today reported financial results and business highlights for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended February 1, 2014.
Net revenue for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014 was $38.5 million, down $15.9 million, or 29.2%, from $54.4 million reported in the previous quarter and down $5.7 million, or 12.9%, from $44.2 million reported for the same period last year.
Net revenue for fiscal year 2014 was $199.2 million, a decrease of $17.4 million, or 8.0%, from $216.6 million in the previous year.
- We launched our new SX6 series of SmartTV processors, which is the first fully-integrated SoC chip for Smart televisions designed to support Ultra HD video, which includes all the key technologies required for advanced connectivity and OTT services for SmartTVs.
- We launched our new SMP8756 ARM-based set-top box chipset family, which features High Efficiency Video Coding and offers a unique combination of performance, user experience and video quality.
- We announced our FRCX single chip Ultra HD frame rate conversion chip, which combines the functionality of as many as five devices into a single chip to reduce overall BOM costs and improves performance for OEMs that need to deliver cutting-edge Ultra HD.
- We demonstrated a number of critical new technologies at the CES2014 show, including our 4K Ultra HD technology in the form of a prototype SmartTV chipset and our new G.hn based TR-069 remote management and diagnostics capability.
- We began shipments of our Z-Wave and HomePlugAV chipsets for the AT&T Digital Life solution, one of the highest profile home monitoring products in the market.
- We began shipments of our Z-Wave chipsets for Centurylink’s SmartHome monitoring and security system.
- We announced that Portuguese leader Novabase Digital TV Technologies is the first operator to launch an HDMI-stick form factor IP-STB that is HbbTV compliant which will support the hybrid set-top box markets that delivers OTT services.
- We jointly announced, along with Mitsumi, that Mitsumi is now a licensed second source for Z-Wave 500 series technology.
- We jointly announced, along with Comtrend, that Belgium cable leader Telenet will deploy their Powerline Ethernet Adapters based on Sigma Designs’ HomePlug AV chips.
- We announced that advanced networking supplier ST&T has selected our new G.hn family of chipsets for their MIMO and SISO products.
- We jointly announced with Wyplay a collaboration to port their middleware code onto Sigma’s new ARM based set top box SoC product line.
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak