Nagra DRM receives DECE approvalMonday, April 14th, 2014
Nagra DRM receives DECE approval for streaming of premium content to open devices
- NAGRA MediaAccess PRM becomes the only pay-TV-centric DRM approved for delivery of premium SD and HD content to open devices
- NAGRA MediaAccess PRM is already widely deployed by pay-TV operators around the world to protect streaming services and enable a wide variety of loyalty and revenue-generating use cases
DHESEAUX, Switzerland — NAGRA, the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) digital TV business and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, announced today that its DRM technology, NAGRA MediaAccess Persistent Rights Management (PRM), was approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) to protect the streaming of premium SD and HD content to open devices for its UltraViolet streaming service.
The approval was announced at the DECE All Members Meeting held March 19-20 in Irvine, California, and expands DECE’s endorsement of NAGRA’s DRM technology previously approved for streaming to closed devices. It is also the only pay-TV centric DRM on DECE’s list of streaming technologies approved for this usage.
“As a longstanding supporter of our initiative, NAGRA has unique expertise in pay-TV content protection and a DRM technology that has established a proven track record with service providers around the world,” said Mitch Singer, President of DECE. “We look forward to working closely with them as part of the DECE eco-system.”
“NAGRA’s global pay TV operator customers increasingly build their business on securely delivering premium content to any screen, and DECE approval represents an important vote of confidence in our DRM solution.” said Maurice van Riek, Senior Vice President, Head of Content and Asset Security for NAGRA. “Customers choosing PRM to protect their services now know that it’s among a very small class of the world’s most trusted DRMs – and the only one with a roadmap driven purely by the needs of pay TV operators.”
As a multi-network content protection solution, NAGRA MediaAccess PRM is widely deployed at leading pay-TV operators around the world and enables a wide variety of use cases beyond secure over-the-top streaming of both linear and VOD content, including secure PVR/DVR recording and playback as well as the sharing of content across multiple devices within authorized domains. It can also serve as a bridge to DTCP-IP devices to securely extend the experience outside of the service provider’s own ecosystem. All these services are fully controlled by the service providers through a flexible set of usage rules.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store