RCN delivers its most powerful DVR to dateTuesday, June 3rd, 2014
“Record-Everything, Find-Anything, All-In-One” DVR Delivers Intelligent Search, Streaming to Multiple Devices and Ability to Record Six Shows at Once
PRINCETON, N.J. — RCN, an industry-leading provider of high-speed Internet, digital TV and phone services, is now making available to customers its most powerful DVR from TiVo. Bundled into RCN’s packages, the TiVo T6 High-Definition (HD) DVR delivers cable TV programming and a multitude of Web-based options in one easy-to-use system.
RCN’s new TiVo T6 DVR is a powerful, six-tuner entertainment system with an incredible recommendation search engine and enhanced user interface. The TiVo set-top box includes a whopping 1TB hard drive, which means you’ll be able to store huge amounts of television, even in high definition. RCN’s TiVo T6 DVR delivers the following exciting features:
- Six (6) tuners – Record up to six HD shows at once;
- Up to 150 HD hours of recording capacity, or up to 1200 SD (Standard Definition) hours (up to 1 TB hard drive);
- TiVo’s best features built right in – Includes intelligent search, “Season Pass®, “What to Watch Now”, “WishList®” and more. The device also boasts simple and easy access to favorites like Netflix, YouTube, Opera TV Store and others;
- Powerful search – RCN customers can enjoy the ability to search across live TV, RCN On Demand and Web apps, including Netflix, YouTube and more;
- Stream TV to multiple devices – TiVo Stream is built-in to the TiVo T6 box, allowing users to stream live TV and recorded shows to other TVs and devices, anywhere in their home;
- More streamlined user interface – Interaction with this TiVo device is smoother, faster and easier, making access to content faster than ever; and
- RF remote control – New RF (radio frequency) technology means the remote does not need line of site to the box in order to work.
“TiVo’s T6 is the most powerful DVR we’ve delivered to date,” says Thomas Elam, GM, TiVo Inc’s Service Provider Business. “TiVo is proud to partner with RCN to bring this solution to their customers. We are committed to continued innovation, and with the new T6 DVR, RCN customers will get the very best TV experience available.”
“Just like RCN’s recent launch of the Netflix app on our TiVo service, RCN’s TiVo T6 redefines the way our customers are able to watch and discover great TV,” confirms Chris Fenger, Chief Operating Officer at RCN. “TiVo T6 DVR delivers an enhanced, state-of-the-art experience that our customers have come to expect from us. By offering a DVR that can record six shows at once, plus an all-integrated, intuitive experience, there’s an unrivalled world of great entertainment at our customers’ fingertips.”
RCN’s TiVo T6 device is available immediately to all RCN customers.