Sigma Designs reports 1Q FY2015 resultsWednesday, June 11th, 2014
Sigma Designs, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2015 Financial Results
MILPITAS, CA — Sigma Designs®, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIGM), a leader in intelligent media platforms, today reported financial results and business highlights for its first fiscal quarter of fiscal year 2015 ended May 3, 2014.
Net revenues for the first fiscal quarter of fiscal 2015 was $36.9 million, down $1.6 million, or 4.2%, from $38.5 million reported in the previous quarter and down $15.7 million, or 29.8%, from $52.5 million reported for the same period last year.
- We entered production with our SX6, our latest generation digital TV SoC. This product includes the new HEVC decoding standard and enables a wide range of feature-rich SmartTV products to be introduced at a competitive price-performance level.
- We entered production with our latest generation FRCX processor, which allows our customers to launch new 4K TVs with improved video quality along with BOM cost reduction. This chip positions Sigma to be a complete SoC platform supplier for 4K TVs with the combination of a TV SoC and a frame-rate-conversion processor.
- We entered production with our Z-Wave 500 series transceiver, the latest addition to the Z-Wave product family which now offers the smallest footprint in the industry to meet the physical challenges of many devices within the Internet of Things.
- This quarter, we announced that our G.hn chipset was selected by networking supplier Tecom and set-top box maker Prime Electronics, both of whom expect to take advantage of the all-wire transmission and ease-of-installation offered by our G.hn solution.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store