Entone provides Live TIM Blue Box for Telecom Italia in BrazilMonday, June 23rd, 2014
Entone Scores in Brazil With Telecom Italia Mobile
- Major Mobile Operator Announces Free-to-Air TV Supporting Netflix and YouTube Applications
CUPERTINO, CA — Entone, Inc., a leading provider of Cloud TV and Connected Home solutions, announced today that it has been selected by TIM Brasil for their “Live TIM Blue Box” launch. The ground-breaking product provides a seamless blend of live free-to-air television and “over the top” (OTT) video.
TIM is the largest mobile operator in Brazil with over 74 million subscribers. TIM’s Live TIM Blue Box offers live off-air content and supports Netflix and YouTube applications. The product will be available through TIM’s retail outlets or other major retailers throughout Brazil.
“We selected Entone as part of our efforts to collaborate with leading video content suppliers. We believe these choices will help us provide a differentiated video service that enriches the connection we have with our subscribers,” commented Rogerio Takayanagi, CEO of TIM Fiber.
Entone’s Hybrid TV solution enables service operators to cost-effectively deliver video services over any broadband network while also providing a flexible platform to launch new cloud-based applications.
“Entone continues to gain traction with the world’s leading mobile operators,” said Steve McKay, CEO of Entone. “As the battleground shifts from the living room to the connected consumer, we believe that mobile operators have a unique opportunity to strengthen their relationship with consumers who want to leverage mobile devices to access and control not only video services, but a growing array of home management and other related services.”
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution