Viaccess-Orca adds Zenterio middleware to solution portfolioMonday, August 11th, 2014
Zenterio and Viaccess-Orca Partner to Deliver Flexible, Interactive TV Solutions
- Partnership enables operators to launch rapidly new interactive TV services on a variety of set-top boxes without having to replace legacy hardware
STOCKHOLM — Zenterio, provider of the independent operating system platform for interactive TV, and Viaccess-Orca (VO), a global leader in the protection and enhancement of content services announced today a strategic partnership. Under the terms of the partnership, VO will offer Zenterio’s software solution as part of its end-to-end solutions to TV operators worldwide. The deal supports VO’s go-to-market strategy in deploying or upgrading interactive TV services.
Through the partnership, Zenterio’s independent operating system Zenterio OS could be used as VO’s set-top-box software and support a variety of VO solutions, including Prime Sentinel (card-based CA ); Dynamic Sentinel (cardless-based CA), and Connected Sentinel (DRM) for security; and RiGHTv service delivery platform for engagement.
“We are happy to announce this partnership with VO and look forward to collaborating closely with VO going forward,” said Robin Rutili, CEO, Zenterio. “The partnership will enable TV operators to run Viaccess-Orca’s security and engagement solutions on both new and legacy set-top boxes, something that we see an increasing demand for in the market.”
IPTV and DTH projects are already underway for Zenterio and VO, and will be delivered during the second half of 2014. These projects allow the companies to address other customers’ needs with ready-to-deploy, proven solutions.
“Partnering with Zenterio, we are able to provide our customers with the ultimate interactive and secure TV experience with a short time to market,” said François Moreau de Saint Martin, CEO, Viaccess-Orca. “Operators can now fully take advantage of all that VO’s engagement and security solutions have to offer by simply adding Zenterio’s OS to their new and existing STBs.”
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics