Sigma Designs reports 2Q FY2015 resultsWednesday, September 10th, 2014
MILPITAS, CA — Sigma Designs®, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIGM), a leader in intelligent media platforms, today reported financial results and business highlights for its second fiscal quarter of fiscal year 2015 ended August 2, 2014.
Net revenues for the second quarter of fiscal 2015 were $42.8 million, up $5.9 million, or 16.1%, from $36.9 million reported in the previous quarter and down $11.0 million, or 20.4%, from $53.8 million reported for the same period last year.
- We entered production with our latest UXL product series, a complete SoC that provides a cost-effective basis for value-oriented SmartTVs that benefit from our industry leading picture quality.
- We began volume shipments this quarter of our SX6 SoC and our FRCX frame-rate conversion processor, which allow our customers to launch new 4K TVs with improved video quality along with BOM cost reductions.
- We announced and began sampling our SMP8758, the latest in a series of chipsets that feature an ARM CPU, HEVC decoding, and 3D graphics, supported by HTML-5 software stacks under Linux and Android operating systems.
- We jointly announced, along with Wyplay, a turnkey reference design that features the open-source Frog middleware running on top of our SMP8756 set-top box SoC.
- We announced collaboration with Digisoft.tv and Novabase on a solution designed to enable secure delivery of digital video content to viewers in South Africa.
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement