Amazon Fire TV now available in the UKWednesday, September 3rd, 2014
Easily Watch Videos from Your Favourite Subscriptions and Streaming Services including Netflix, Prime Instant Video, Sky News, and More
LUXEMBOURG — Today, Amazon announced that Amazon Fire TV, the best-selling streaming box on Amazon in the US since it launched in April, is now available in the UK. Fire TV is a tiny box that plugs into your HDTV for easy and instant access to Netflix, Prime Instant Video, Demand 5, Spotify, Sky News, Curzon Home Cinema, YouTube, low-cost video rentals and much more. Fire TV also brings photos, music and games to the living room.
“Tiny box, huge specs, tons of content, incredible price—customers love Fire TV, and we’re thrilled to introduce it in the UK,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon Founder and CEO. “Voice search that actually works means no more typing on an alphabet grid. Our exclusive new ASAP feature predicts the shows you’ll want to watch and gets them ready to stream instantly. And our open approach gives you not just Amazon Instant Video and Prime Instant Video, but also Netflix, Sky News, YouTube, Spotify, and more.”
Pricing & Availability
Fire TV is available for pre-order starting today for just £79. It will ship on 23 October 2014.
Fire TV will also be available at Argos, Dixons, Sainsbury’s and Tesco.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution