Verizon to launch OTT TV service in the first half of 2015Friday, September 12th, 2014
According to Verizon CEO, Lowell McAdam, speaking at the Goldman Sachs Communicopia conference, Verizon is planning to launch an over-the-top (OTT) television service in the first half of 2015.
The service will make use of the OnCue assets that the company purchased from Intel Corporation and will combine live channels with on-demand content.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution