Digisoft.tv and INSIDE Secure announce joint DRM implementation for STBsMonday, September 8th, 2014
INSIDE Secure and Digisoft.tv Make Set-Top Box Digital Rights Management Easy, with the Launch of a PlayReady Encrypted Media Extension Implementation
AIX-EN-PROVENCE, France & CORK, Ireland — Digisoft.tv, the specialist middle applications company, and INSIDE Secure, providers of comprehensive embedded security solutions, announce today that they have launched a reference Encrypted Media Extension (EME) implementation on Digisoft.tv’s Iris HTML5 OS middleware application.
In recent years, powerful platforms for mobile devices and Smart TVs have allowed broadcasters, operators and service providers to develop rich multiscreen media applications using readily available skills and broadly adopted technologies. Similar developments have not been fully possible in set-top box application development. This is due to the closed nature of video playback APIs, particularly for the DRM integration methods. EME is part of a change that ushers in a new open standard.
“Our EME implementation closes the gap in open technology support for media in the browser,” said Martin Bergenwall, head of the Mobile Security division at INSIDE Secure. “We are driving ahead in the DRM technology game.”
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023