Windstream announces 'Kinetic' TV entertainment serviceThursday, October 2nd, 2014
Windstream announces next-generation TV entertainment service, “Kinetic”
- Initially launching to more than 50,000 homes in Lincoln, Neb.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a leading provider of advanced network communications, announced today a new television service that provides multi-media services and gives customers a new choice for consuming programming. The launch of Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is a total entertainment option that leverages the company’s existing 100 percent fiber-backed network to provide customers with a wide array of features that will enable the highest quality video entertainment.
Kinetic will be available to more than 50,000 Lincoln homes starting in the first half of 2015 and will be rolling out to select additional Windstream communities in the latter part of 2015 and beyond. Kinetic will also be available with Windstream’s high-speed Internet and phone service, which will be offered through highly competitive rates and bundled packages.
Supported by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform, Kinetic offers an innovative experience with features that consumers want from their TV and entertainment providers. With Kinetic, consumers will have access to an entertainment service that provides:
- Wireless Set Top Boxes: Avoid unsightly cords hanging from your entertainment center and move your TV around as often as you like without the hassle of disconnecting and reconnecting wires.
- Whole Home DVR: Watch recorded shows in any room at any time; pause in one room and continue viewing in another – at no extra cost.
- Multi-Screen Viewing: Watch TV on all the devices you want – TV, tablet, phone, and any other device with iOS and Android platforms.
- Video On-Demand: Watch shows and movies from an extensive library of on-demand programming.
- MultiView: Watch up to six channels at one time on your TV – great for game day!
“Our customers value advanced entertainment options and depend on us to develop next-generation technology that delivers an enhanced experience,” said David Redmond, president of consumer services at Windstream. “We’re extremely excited to roll out Kinetic in 2015 and beyond because we believe Kinetic represents more than just a great entertainment experience; it represents a stronger connection between Windstream and the communities we serve.”
For over 15 years, Windstream has had a strong relationship with Lincoln residents and recently provided the community with a full network upgrade, bringing faster Internet service to even more homes as part of the company’s significant investment in building fiber-backed networks across its footprint. “Our relationship with this community, coupled with the local residents’ appreciation and desire for innovative technology, makes Lincoln the obvious choice for Kinetic’s inauguration,” Redmond said.