Kabel Deutschland selects Kaltura to power its TV AppMonday, February 9th, 2015
Kabel Deutschland Selects Kaltura to Power Its Newly Launched TV App
- Germany’s Largest Cable Network Operator has Launched the First Phase of Its New Pay TV Service, Which Is Powered by the Kaltura OTT TV Solution
NEW YORK, NY — Kaltura, provider of the leading video technology platform, announced today that Kabel Deutschland, Germany’s largest cable network operator, has selected Kaltura OTT TV to power its new TV App, a cable-based multi-screen TV service.
The first phase of the multi-screen TV service includes live TV for iOS devices. Additional capabilities and devices will be launched in the coming months.
Kaltura’s solution allows end-customers to consume live, on demand, catchup-TV, and nPVR-hosted content across all devices. Kaltura OTT TV, which recently received the CSI ‘Best TV Everywhere’ award at the IBC Show in Amsterdam, provides an end-to-end pay TV solution, with all-encompassing monetization tools, household and device management, advanced social interactivity and discovery tools, and personalization features.
Kaltura’s solution will enable Kabel Deutschland to offer their customers the most innovative TV experience and to maintain market leadership.
“We are truly honored to have been selected by Kabel Deutschland to power their new OTT TV solution,” said Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura Co-founder, Chairman and CEO. “Kaltura OTT TV, now integrated with the Tvinci technology, is the most advanced solution in the marketplace. We are excited to partner with Kabel Deutschland, and to jointly push TV innovation to new levels around the globe.”
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store