SES and CANAL+ test Champions League in Ultra HD on ASTRAThursday, June 4th, 2015
LUXEMBOURG / PARIS — SES S.A. (NYSE Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) announced today that CANAL+ Group will test-broadcast the Final of the Champions League match FC Barcelona – Juventus produced by UEFA in Ultra High Definition on ASTRA. The experimental transmission will be made from the ASTRA prime orbital position 19.2 degrees East and is part of technical tests conducted since last year by CANAL+ Group over the entire technical chain and in collaboration with all industry players.
“The live test transmission of a prominent soccer match in Ultra HD will mark another step in the introduction of this new technology,” said Ferdinand Kayser, Chief Commercial Officer of SES. “Since last year, we have conducted and successfully completed a series of test transmissions that encourage us to continue to work with customers and industry partners on the entire ecosystem necessary for a broad acceptance of Ultra HD.”
The match takes place on Saturday, 6 June at 21.00 in Berlin.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution