VTVCab, SmarDTV and Samsung deploy Conax-certified CAM in VietnamMonday, July 20th, 2015
VTVCab, SmarDTV and Samsung deploy first Conax certified CI Plus Instant
Access conditional access module solution in Vietnam
- Combining Samsung’s latest generation integrated Digital TV (iDTV) with SmarDTV CI Plus Instant Access conditional access module (CAM).
- Co-promotion and branding between Vietnam Cable Television (VTVCab) and Samsung designed to facilitate access to VTV services without a STB.
- SmarDTV CI Plus Instant Access conditional access module (CAM) is based on Conax content security
HANOI, Vietnam, SEOUL, Korea and CHESEAUX, Switzerland — VTVCab, Vietnam’s leading cable operator, SmarDTV, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and Samsung Electronics, announced today that they will combine to bring to market an innovative solution to provide access to VTVCab PayTV services. VTVCab subscribers can now enjoy high quality content directly on their new Samsung Cable TV model without using a set-top box by simply inserting the newly developed CI Plus Instant Access conditional access module (CAM) from VTVCab. This CAM replaces the role of a traditional set-top box and provides an attractive alternative to new subscribers as they migrate to digital services.
“We hugely appreciate the trust and support shown by VTVCab to promote and deploy our CAM solution. SmarDTV Instant Access modules ensure that channels are directly accessible on integrated Digital Televisions (iDTVs) using one single TV remote control and that neither extra cables nor additional power is required,” commented Gregory Laloy, APAC Sales Director of SmarDTV. “We are delighted also to partner with Samsung to promote this product which has been highly successful in enabling analog to digital migration in the Europe market.”
“VTVCab is pleased to work with Samsung and SmarDTV, two world leaders in the Digital TV industry. Using this integrated digital TV + CAM combination gives us more flexibility to promote our attractive content in High Definition (HD) and future 4K compression,” said Nam Bui, CTO of VTVCab.
“Samsung is delighted to work with VTVCab the leading Cable Operator in Vietnam, to bring users the best experience in HD quality picture in the country. Customers buying a Samsung DVB-C iDTV Model J5520 will get a voucher which will entitle them to obtain a CAM from VTVcab containing a smartcard and a free 6-month subscription of HD package which provides them with instant access to the VTVCab services when installed in the TV,” said My Nguyen, Head of Samsung Vietnam AV Marketing Communication.
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA