STMicroelectronics reports 2Q 2015 resultsThursday, July 23rd, 2015
STMicroelectronics Reports 2015 Second Quarter and First Half Financial Results
GENEVA — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, reported financial results for the second quarter and first half ended June 27, 2015.
Second quarter net revenues totaled $1.76 billion, gross margin was 33.8% and net income was $35 million. ST’s second quarter net revenues increased 3.2% on a sequential basis. All regions grew sequentially led by Japan & Korea up 7.5% and Americas up by 4.6%, followed by EMEA and Greater China & South Asia up 2.9% and 1.6%, respectively.
On a year-over-year basis, net revenues decreased 5.6% with most groups contributing to the decrease.
Q2 2015 – Product and Technology Highlights – Digital Products (DPG)
- Announced Canal+ market deployment of Technicolor’s innovative Hybrid Over-the-Top/HD broadcast set-top box based on Cannes SoC family;
- Captured multiple design-wins for Time-of-Flight photonic sensor, at several leading Asian smart-phone manufacturers, with more than 10 phone models available;
- Revealed that new Skyworth digital satellite HD zapper set-top-box was selected by a leading PayTV operator in Southeast Asia;
- Received MoCA 2.0 certification for home-networking reference solution;
- Demonstrated the industry-first wideband satellite demodulator enabling affordable broadband internet distribution via new-generation High-Throughput Satellite.