Amazon announces Streaming Partners ProgramTuesday, December 8th, 2015
Amazon Announces the Streaming Partners Program
- Amazon Prime members can now add SHOWTIME, STARZ and dozens more video subscriptions to their Prime membership
- Now, video providers can reach a new set of highly engaged viewers with Amazon responsible for driving subscriber acquisition
- Prime customers benefit from free trials, self-service cancellation of any subscription and special Prime member pricing—subscriptions for SHOWTIME and STARZ are only $8.99 per month
SEATTLE — Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) today launched the Streaming Partners Program, an over-the-top streaming subscription program for video providers that enables them to reach tens of millions of Prime members. With the Streaming Partners Program, video providers have access to a highly engaged streaming audience, and viewers have a more convenient way to manage their streaming subscriptions.
The Streaming Partners Program offers many benefits for video providers. Amazon is responsible for:
- Driving all subscriber acquisition
- Making subscribing friction-free—credit cards are already on file
- Handling all customer service
- Managing all billing
- Managing credit card expirations
- Serving your content through high-quality, reliable streaming infrastructure
- Managing compatibility across hundreds of devices
The Streaming Partners Program offers many benefits for viewers, including:
“The way people watch TV is changing, and customers need an easier way to subscribe to and enjoy multiple streaming subscriptions,” said Michael Paull, Vice President of Digital Video at Amazon. “With the Streaming Partners Program, we’re making it easy for video providers to reach highly engaged Prime members, many of whom are already frequent streamers, and we’re making it easier for viewers to watch their favorite shows and channels.”
“We’re excited to work with Amazon to offer our streaming service featuring all of our award-winning original series, plus our exclusive sports, news-making documentaries and blockbuster movies, to millions of Prime users,” said David Nevins, President, Showtime Networks Inc. “By marrying SHOWTIME with the powerhouse retail capabilities of Amazon, we continue to greatly expand our footprint, making sure our service is available to new subscribers whenever and however they want to watch us.”
“STARZ is excited to offer subscriptions to our premium hit shows like ‘Outlander’ and ‘Power,’ as well as our thousands of movies, to Amazon Prime customers,” said Chris Albrecht, CEO of Starz said. “This is a terrific product for customers to conveniently navigate their entertainment options quickly, easily and anywhere.”
Initial launch partners include: SHOWTIME, STARZ, A+E Network (Lifetime Movie Club), AMC (Shudder and SundanceNow Doc Club), Gaia, RLJ Entertainment (Acorn TV, Urban Movie Channel, Acacia TV), DramaFever (DramaFever Instant), Tribeca Shortlist, Cinedigm (Dove Channel, Docurama, CONtv), Smithsonian (Smithsonian Earth), IndieFlix (IndieFlix Shorts), Curiosity Stream, Qello Concerts, FlixFling (Cinefest, Nature Vision, Warriors and Gangsters, Dox, Monsters and Nightmares), BroadbandTV (Hooplakidz Plus), DEFY Media (ScreenJunkies Plus), Gravitas (Film Forum, Daring Docs, Fear Factory), and Ring TV Boxing.
Today customers will also find a newly designed Amazon Video homepage making it easy for customers to find movies and TV shows available on Prime, available through the Streaming Partners Program, or available to rent or buy.